Programme: Master of Science in Biostatistics
Christopher Stanley is a graduate of Mzuzu University and Chancellor College, University of Malawi. He enrolled in the Masters in Biostatistics programme in September 2011 and graduated in 2014. His thesis was titled “A comparison of the performance of the Exponential; Cox Proportional Hazards, Weibull and Frailty Survival models for analysis of data with Small Sample Size Data: A Case of Kaposi’s sarcoma Study at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital” and it was supervised by Dr. Mavuto Mukaka. Christopher has since published his thesis work in the European Journal of Cancer. He has an ambition to do PhD in Statistics related field.
After graduation, Christopher joined the University of North Carolina (UNC) project in Lilongwe, Malawi where he works as Data Analyst
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Stanley C, Molyneux E, Mukaka M. Comparison of Performance of Exponential, Cox Proportional Hazards, Weibull and Frailty Survival models for analysis of small sample size data. Journal of Medical Statistics and Informatics. Accepted 2016 (In Press)
- Chagaluka G., Stanley C., Banda K., Depani S., Njiram’madzi J., Katangwe T., Israels T., Bailey S., Mukaka M., Molyneux E. Kaposi’s sarcoma in Children: An Open Random Trial of Vincristine, Oral Etoposide and a Combination of Vincristine and Bleomycine. European Journal of Cancer. 2014, 50(8): 1472-1481
- Stanley CC, Westmoreland KD, Heimlich JB, El-Mallawany NK, Wasswa P, Mtete I, Butia M, Itimu S, Chasela M, Mtunda M, Chikasema M, Makwakwa V, Kaimila B, Kasonkanji E, Chimzimu F, Kampani C, Dhungel BM, Krysiak R, Montgomery ND, Fedoriw Y, Rosenberg NE, Liomba NG, Gopal S. Outcomes for pediatric Burkitt lymphoma treated with anthracycline-based therapy in Malawi. British J Haematol 2016 (in press)
- Ngwira A, Stanley C. Determinants of low birth weight in Malawi: Bayesian geo-additive modeling. PLoS ONE 10(6): e0130057.
- Rosenberg NE, Mtande T, Saidi F, Stanley C, Jere E, Mwangomba L, Kumwenda K, Mofolo I, Miller WC, Hoffman I, Hosseinipour M,. Recruiting Male Partners for Couple HIV Testing and Counseling in Malawi’s Option B+ Program: A Randomized Controlled Trial. The Lancet HIV. Lancet HIV 2015 Nov 22;2(11):e483-91.